Syokimau Residents Association (SRA) represents the interest of residents of Syokimau Estate. SRA is a registered legal entity under the Laws of Kenya, as a company limited by Guarantee.
To make Syokimau Estate a first class estate where residents enjoy high quality standards of life through provision of necessary community facilities.
SRA works to benefit the residents of Syokimau within Mavoko Municipality by associating them together, and also with the central government, the local authorities, voluntary and other organizations to improve the quality of life in Syokimau and to engender a sense of community through the provision of community activities and facilities.
At the momemnt SRA is lobbying for the provision of much needed facilities in Syokimau; including:
- Designing and the tarmarcking of Syokimau Katani Rd (10km)
- Provision of fresh water from Mavwasco
- Development of sewer system to service the estate
- Provision of reliable security for the estate through construction of a police post within the estate and frequent police patrols in addition to enhancement of own security arrangements within the courts.
- Enforcement of the single residential dweling code by Mavoko Municipality. We are against the proposed change of user for some developers to multiple residential units (flats)
- Provision of facilities for an environmental friendly estate – garbage collectioon points etc
- Organised transport system within the estate