Following a resolution of the Syokimau Residents Association (SRA) Annual General Meeting on July 12, 2015, the executive committee has begun registration of members.
SRA’s second-quarter AGM resolved that residents will pay a one-off registration fee of 500 shillings and thereafter a monthly contribution of 300 shillings per household to help in financing the activities of the association.
Syokimau estate has about 10,000 residents organized in more than 500 courts spread across approximately 3,500 acres.
- SRA provides a forum to know and interact with your neighbours beyond your court.
- The Association provides a forum to jointly address challenges which are common across the entire estate.
- It is also a platform to air your views and exchange ideas with a wide variety of people with common interests.
- Through SRA members have an opportunity to give back to society through involvement in community initiatives such as tree planting.
- It is also an opportunity to influence policies and development of the estate at all levels of government.
- In the event of personal misfortunes, SRA endeavours as much as possible to provide moral and other forms of support.
- Membership of SRA makes one a pioneer in the first estate-wide organization aimed at championing interests of all residents.
- SRA strives to provide opportunities for residents to promote their businesses through events such as exhibitions targeting the whole estate.
- The Association is also actively involved in promoting social activities such as marathons, other sporting and cultural activities.
- The SRA office, online mailing lists and social media channels provides all members will real time information of all matters of common interest.
By Eric Ombok