Our Strategic Objectives
SYOKIMAU RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION (SRA) 2017/19 STRATEGIC PLAN
“A goal without a plan is just a wish”, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The 2017/19 Strategic Plan is adopted, updated and revised from the 2015/17 Strategic Plan of the Syokimau Residents Association (SRA). It sets forth strategies for the long-term strength and life of SRA. The Plan will be used by the Executive Committee, its working Committees and management to guide their operational and capital budget planning decisions and day-to-day implementation of these decisions. It will also serve as a learning and communications guide to new leadership as well as new members of SRA.
The 2017/19 Strategic Plan is a living document and should be viewed as a permanent, continuous process of planning for the future and a vehicle for facilitating community consensus on important issues.
The 2017/19 Strategic Plan is comprehensive and detailed. To facilitate understanding, a summary of essential strategic goals underlying the plan is presented below.
The Syokimau Residents Associated was incorporated in 2010, the main objective was to improve the Quality of Life of the residents. Quality of life refers to the general well-being experienced by residents of Syokimau. Indicators of quality of life include, good roads, provision of water, security, a pleasant, community environment; opportunities for recreation and leisure; and a sense of safety and social belonging. A high quality of life increases resident satisfaction and promotes community cooperation and compliance with rules and regulations.
To be the preferred model estate in Kenya.
To make syokimau estate a first class estate where residents enjoy high quality standards of life through advocacy for provision of community facilities and services.
SRA MOTTO: Achieving more, Together!
SRA STRATEGIC PILLARS
Our Vision to preserve and enhance Syokimau as the preferred model estate in Kenya, we aspire to make this Vision valid through strategies in ten primary pillars of our strategic plan as follows:
- Membership and Mobilization-Encourage active involvement of our members.
- Security -Managing security as our top priority.
- Infrastructure- Effective management of the physical planning and facilities.
- Water and Sanitation- Safe Water and provision of sanitation for everyone.
- Residents Welfare and Publicity – Increase visibility of SRA and enhance welfare of the residents.
- Youth – Promote youth agenda.
- Investment – Explore opportunities to raise funds for SRA.
- Environment -Promoting a safe environment.
- Legal- Enforcement of the SRA Policies and Regulations
- Land Matters-.
- Treasury-Effective management of financial resources.
- Members first- we shall always put the interest of members/residents first.
- Integrity- we shall conduct ourselves ethically with sense of honesty, fairness and respect for others.
- Environmental Sanity- we are a responsible citizen committed to the health and safety of the people protection of the environment and compliance with the laws and regulations, and with SRA policies.
- Volunteerism-We shall be available to offer and embrace voluntary service from members and operate as a team.
- Transparency- We shall endeavor to encourage open access to information, participation and decision making which ultimately creates a high level of trust amongst members and other stakeholders.
- Accountability- We shall acknowledge and be responsible for our actions, successes and failures.
- Partnership- We shall work together with the National and County government, their agencies and other affiliated organizations.